Last Updated: April 28, 2020
The processing described in this Policy is subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we only engage in certain Processing activities if permitted under the laws of those places. Please contact us at ADMIN@BARNTOOLS.COM if you have any questions on our Processing activities in your country or region.
- What information does BarnTools collect?
We may collect several types of information from and about you both directly (when you provide it to us) and automatically (when you use BarnTools). This may include personal information, which refers to any information that can be used to identify you. Depending on your use of BarnTools, the information we collect may include:
- Information you provide to us (such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, username and password).
- Information you upload and submit to us.
- Records and copies of your correspondence when you contact us or when you communicate with other Users of Barn Tools.
- Details of transactions you carry out through BarnTools, including payment or banking information.
- Information collected automatically as you navigate through BarnTools, such as usage details, IP Addresses, and information collected through cookies, flash cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Information you provide about your farm operation, such as the names of your employees, the size of your farm, the livestock at your farm and their health and purchase, information about feed usage, and other information you provide to use BarnTools.
- Information collected automatically through BarnTools, such as barn temperature or fan speed.
- Information about you provided from third party Users of BarnTools.
- Information about your location at a given point in time, collected, for example, when you interact with BarnTools through features like check-in or through the use of geofencing technology.
- How does BarnTools use the information?
The data controller for the information is BarnTools, LLC and we store and process personal information in the United States. We process this information as necessary to perform our contractual obligations to the Users and provide them access to BarnTools software services. We may process this information given our legitimate interest in improving and protecting BarnTools, enhancing User experience, and identifying and offering products to specific Users. We may process this information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
In particular, we may use the information that we collect to:
- Operate, deliver, and improve the BarnTools.
- Set up and maintain your user account.
- Provide you with information, services, and notifications that you request.
- Allow you to interact with BarnTools.
- Customize your experience using BarnTools.
- Provide customer service to Users of BarnTools.
- Communicate with you about your transactions, updates, security alerts, account notifications, and other administrative issues in compliance with your communications preferences.
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of content and services offered through BarnTools.
- Fulfill our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Resolve disputes, address complaints, and troubleshoot technical problems related to BarnTools.
- Protect our rights or property, or the rights or property of others.
- Analyze User behavior and prepare aggregated reports to improve BarnTools, identify industry trends, and track potential foreign animal diseases.
- Understand User needs and provide Users with recommendations, better service, and customized marketing offers.
- Communicate information and offers for products and services, including offers based on your interests and use of the BarnTools, administer promotional events, and provide other information that may be of interest to you. We will provide you the opportunity to opt out of marketing information or market research inquiries, but we will still need to gather certain information to provide BarnTools.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Does BarnTools, LLC share or disclose the information?
To provide Users with BarnTools, we may share information with third parties who provide services to us, including our cloud storage provider, Microsoft Azure. Any third party with whom we share information will only have the access necessary to perform specific tasks on our behalf, will use your information only for the purposes for which it was disclosed, and will protect your information to at least the same extent that we do.
We may share personal information to comply with our legal obligations, such as to comply with laws and/or respond to lawful requests and legal process.
We may share your information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our community of Users, or any person.
We may share personal information where you have provided consent, as described at the time of consent.
We may share personal information where you have provided consent, as described at the time of consent.
We may share aggregated and de-identified data (information that does not identify any individual) with others without restriction.
- What are my choices about how my information is processed?
Accessing and updating your personal information
We comply with applicable law regarding your ability to access, correct, and delete your personal information. You can view or edit your personal information by accessing your Account Settings on your profile. For personal information that is not linked to an online account, for assisting in opting out of communications, or if you need assistance updating or deleting your personal information, please contact us via email at ADMIN@BARNTOOLS.COM. You can also write us at the address in the Contact Us section below. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, address, email address, and detailed information about the change you would like to make.
Tracking technologies and advertising
You can choose how you receive certain notifications from us by accessing your Account Settings on your profile. Additionally, we will provide you with the opportunity to opt out of certain communications, such as marketing information or market research inquiries, at the time such messages are delivered to you.
- Does BarnTools collect children’s information?
- How will BarnTools keep the information secure?
Taking into account the nature of the information gathered, we maintain administrative, technical, and physical controls that are designed to safeguard personal information and other information in BarnTools’ possession.
- How long will BarnTools keep the information?
We keep different kinds of information for different lengths of time depending on the purposes for which the information was collected. We will hold your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the BarnTools to you. In any event, we will delete, anonymize, or aggregate your information after seven years of your non-use of the BarnTools.
- Does this Policy ever change?
It is our policy to post any changes to this Policy on this page. We may or may not contact you directly concerning significant changes. We encourage you to visit this page periodically and check for changes. To the extent permitted by law, by using the BarnTools after a change to this Policy, you consent to any changes in this Policy.
- For EU Residents:
If you are an EU resident, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), particularly Articles 15 to 21, affords you a number of rights as a data subject. We encourage you to read and learn about those rights on your own, but the following will help you to begin to understand those rights.
- Access: This allows you to request from us information about your personal information that we process, including what data we have and how and why it is being processed.
- Rectification: In the event that some or all of the personal information that we have concerning you is inaccurate, this gives you the right to have those inaccuracies rectified.
- Erasure: In some cases, you may have the right to request that we erase your personal information in our possession.
- Restriction of Processing: This gives you the right, in some circumstances, to have us process your personal information only with your consent.
- Objection to Processing: Where we are Processing your personal information on the grounds of its legitimate interests, or to carry out tasks in the public interest or to exercise official authority, you have a right to object to the Processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. In cases where you object to our Processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, the Processing will cease.
- Data Portability: This allows you to request a copy of your personal information that it has on file and to transfer that information to someone else without any interference from us. In some cases, you may be able to request that we transfer your personal information directly to a third party on your behalf.
In addition, to the extent that we process any of your personal information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of Processing that was based on your consent before its withdrawal.
If you are a natural resident of the EU and at any time you believe we have violated one of your rights listed above, or if you believe we are in violation of one or more of the provisions of the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a Data Protection Authority. More information about the Data Protection Authorities can be found at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/what-are-data-protection-authorities-dpas_en.
- Notice to California Residents:
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal data. For example, California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section 1798.83) permits users of the BarnTools who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 in order to resolve a complaint or to receive further information.
You may have additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), such as the right to know and access what personal data is collected about you, the right to request that certain information be corrected or deleted, the right to opt out of the sale of your information (note, we do not sell your personal information), and the right not to be discriminated against.
Further, California law permits Users of BarnTools who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at ADMIN@BARNTOOLS.COM or by the methods below.
- Will BarnTools transfer the information across national borders?
BarnTools, LLC is headquartered in the United States of America. BarnTools and authorized processors may access the information in the United States for the purposes described in this Policy. When we access or transfer information, we do so in compliance with applicable law. Additionally, we protect the privacy and security of information in the manner described in this Policy regardless of where it is processed or stored.
- How can I contact BarnTools with questions about this Policy?
PO Box 71066
Clice, Iowa 50325
If you need immediate assistance, you may contact us telephonically at 641.316.3206.